Monday, October 13, 2014

BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS ALL DAY LONG...


                                 Birthday Celebrations All Day Long 

                                          Lunch with the Coronado family

                                         Dinner with the Jaramillo family

 A sweet member had me send her a bunch of pictures and videos of our family    telling him Happy Birthday and she combined them and made a video for him :)


And I thought he couldn't get normal candy and Reese's peanut butter cups there, now what to send him...I don't know!!!


 Hey peeps,  Thanks everybody for the birthday wishes! I had a great birthday weekend! Ate plenty of cake and everything:) The people here are very friendly:) I think I'm puttin on a little chub which isn't too good!  But anyways, this week I found out how big our ward is. A member Hermano Medina, took me and Elder Rosenthal, my district leader, around and showed us all of the area that I have to cover. Without bikes and cars it would be impossible for 2 missionaries to cover because everything is so spread out and huge!
We have spent a lot of time in a sector called La Delia which is very poor and the people are very friendly and open to listen to our message. We have liked working over there but then yesterday in Consejo de barrio (ward counsel), the members pretty much told us not to go over there because they didn´t want to help us over there with things like bringing them to church and stuff, so I´m not too sure what to do with this place.. hopefully president Riggins  sends more missionaries here to help us out with all this land. I´m doing great though. Spanish is basically comfortable, just trying to expand vocab and fluency. 
But I'll tell ya all about a guy named Luciano, he is from la Delia, blind in one eye, cant walk, lives alone, and sooooo grateful for everything he does have, its amazing! We took him to church with us and when you talk to him he always says, "amen!" and "Gloria a dios!" We invited him to come to church with us and he gladly came.  We arrived at his house a little late but he was still sitting there waiting for us. He had gone through the trouble of putting on his nice pants and shirt and everything and was ready to go. I think it made him very happy to go with us. but I don't  know what to do if the members don't want to help us with him.. But loving the mish!!
Love you all!!!!!!
-Elder Rawson:)



No comments:

Post a Comment