Monday, May 4, 2015

Aqui no mas

April 27, 2015


Oh boy this has been a crazy week and pretty happy to be starting a new one! We got the call saying Elder McMinn and Elder Alguera (ZL) had transfers! They also told me that I was going to be training a fresh missionary! So Tuesday I went to Guayaquil and then I wasn't going to meet my comp until Wednesday so right when I got there I got on another bus to go work in the sector of Elder Wilson from Eden, Utah for the day! Then after working for the day with him in Milagro we took the hour bus ride back to Guayaquil and slept in the temple hotel to wake up in the morning and do a session there! President Riggins is so awesome for letting us go through the temple so much and learn about the covenants we´ve made! The temple seriously gets more special each time you go! I would go everyday if I could! 
Then after all the trainers and greenies went to Presidents house to eat and have a training! Then afterwards we met our companions and I´m with Elder Marlon Vitor from Manaus, Brazil! He´s the only Brazilian in the mission and I get to train him! At first it was hard to communicate with him because he had a pretty hard Portuguese accent but now I'm getting to understand him better and his Spanish is improving. Ive also been trying to learn a little bit of Portuguese as well! Its super similar to Spanish so it isn't all too hard! The other Zone leader in our house is Elder Fernandez from Brazil also! but he is actually born in Chile but moved to Brazil at 16 years old. He also knows like perfect English and is the only one in the house that can speak the 3 languages perfectly! 

This week we also forgot to pay our light bill so we have been with out light and water this last weekend and have had to shower with buckets! its hard but i just hope they turn on our electricity soon!

 Love, Elder Rawson:)

Sweet pic with Elder McMinn before transfers!

President Riggins and me and the temple!


Meeting the new comp at President´s house! Elder Vitor from Brazil:)





We did an activity Saturday morning and went around selling Encebollados (tasty fish soup!) with the Tubay family to help them raise money to get married! Everything went great!












APRIL 20, 2015



My happy missionary :) :) :)



So I hope all is well out in the outside world!  
Here the mission is still so great and if you have the choice to go on one, do it!!
Something that made me and my comp crack up yesterday... After church we went and visited some investigators, Rosio and her son Luis. Rosio was a referral from a member and she is a separated lady and lives with her son Luis who has been living with her for about 5 months. They are both great! Luis is a little different to teach because he learns very slowly but loves to learn still and is excited to get baptized on the 9th of may with his mom! But yesterday in out visit I asked him what he learned from church and his reply was "... eh, I don't remember too much..... (Looks at us and get big eyes) .. There were a lot of pretty girls there!" Me and my comp worked so hard to not crack! 

But we still are going smooth with the Tubay family and this week we came up with the plan to prepare and sell soups this Saturday to members and other friends to be able to pay for the marriage. Yesterday at church we already got more than enough orders to pay for the whole thing so hopefully all will go well and Germania the wife and Michael the son will be able to be baptized this 9th of may as well! They are such a great family and it is such a blessing to know them!

As for me I think for the most part I'm about the same, other than the fact I can graw a beard I feel the same! Just a lot happier and closer to my savior as well! That's why you go on a mission in the first place!:)

Elder Rawson:)


With a turtle:)



With our investigator Blanca and her son! They always feed us soo well:)
With the Realpe family(investigators of the ZLs) That guy shows that black people are the same wherever you are in the world! Gettin married this week and baptized real soon!


The Lucas family! Nanyy our recent convert next to me. She has the biggest testimony!






No comments:

Post a Comment