Monday, November 3, 2014

(OCT. 27TH, 2014) WE MET UP WITH THE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES...


YUMMY!!!! 

THE FOOD LOOKS AMAZING...LUCKY MISSIONARIES!!!



INTERESTING LOOKING BANANAS

OH MY, HE'S RUBBING OFF ONTO EVERYONE!!!
A MEMBER TOOK THEM TO GET ECUADOR HATS MADE FOR A SOUVENIR FOR EACH OF THEM!



 Holi mis amigos. 
So we had a baptism this last week. Kevin Cantos. a friend of the Garcia family.  It went well and he shared his testimony after. Nothing better than  hearing the testimony of someone that was just introduced to the true gospel of Jesus Christ.  I bore my testimony right after and the whole time i was talking i had a little prayer in my heart that they were understanding me. 

I'm absolutely loving the mission!  I'm doing my best to not be trunky like many elders here in the mission. I'm trying to dedicate has much time to my Lord because he is the only one that can make me into the man that i want to be.

This Wednesday on our day of contacting we were doing really well and found some great new people that i can see going far in the church. We contacted the owner of a little restaurant and he is from LA.  We just chatted with him in English. he was laughing cuz he was talking about how the people here are lazy and don't want to do anything which is funny because he was born here, but has lived in the US for a while. He lived in Guayaquil and had to leave. We bought some burgers from him and while Elder Cook and I were eating. WE GOT CONTACTED BY THE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES...  hahaahha!  They have a church down here and every time i have met one they are super nice people. The girl invited us to her house to talk on Sunday so we agreed. Well, come Sunday, we went and her husband pretty much opened up and started telling us all the reasons why he disagrees with are church and pulled up scriptures trying to go against our teachings. I know i could have explained every question he had if he would have given me the time of day. While he was going off one time i interrupted him with proverbs 3:5, lean not to thine own understanding and trust in the lord with all thy heart. ..something like that, but then because he has a closed heart he pretty much tried to explain to us why we don't need to pray for answers because we got the bible.  It was a weird experience. don't really want to go back there....

Well talk to y'all next week.
Les amo, Elder Rawson







No comments:

Post a Comment